Cancellations· withdrawals· late arrivals· non-attendance
- Cancelation notice must be sent in a written form.
- For cancellations made more than 30 days before the start of the course, the already paid amount will be refunded, except for the registration fee of 45€.
- For cancellations made from 15 to 30 days before the start of course 50% of the 25%- pre- payment made will be refunded (minimum charge: 45€).
- For cancellations made less than 15 days before the start of the course, no refunds will be made.
- There will be no refunds for the withdrawals, late arrivals or non attendance to a course, except in special circumstances. In a case of the special circumstances the school will decide whether reimburse the fees or not.
- La Playa Escuela de Español has the right to ask the student to leave the school in case of any serious inappropriate behaviour; in this case no refunds will be made.
- Please take in mind that the residential courses are subject to availability, i.e. if we don’t have a semi-intensive or intensive course of the same level, it will not be possible for us to offer the residential courses.
- If you have paid for an intensive course and one of the following cases occur, you might have less than 4 hours a day:
-if in 2 hours of your course there are at least 2 students in your group (students who have booked a residential or semi-intensive course), but in the next 2 hours you are the only student, you will have 2 group lessons and 1 private lesson as long as this situation exists.
-if you are the only student of your level, you will have 2 private lessons as long as this situation exists.
- The school only provides accommodation for its students and for the period of the course (with a possibility of up to 4 extra nights).
- If the school grants the right to arrange accommodation for people not enrolled in a language course, an additional fee might be due.
- In high season (1st of June – 31st of August), a supplement of 8€ per person and night is due for all the accommodation options.
Living with Spanish family
- We carefully select our families and sign a binding contract with them, which assures that the required conditions are accomplished. It ensures that the family provide adequate meals, clean linen every week, keys and treat a student hospitably like a family member.
- A student can choose between a bed and breakfast option, half board (breakfast and a meal, lunch or dinner, 35€ a week) and full board (60€ a week).
- A planned hour of checking into a family is 18.00h, in case a student cannot respect these hours, he/she is requested to notify the school or the family about the time of their arrival.
- Unless transfer is requested by a student, he/she will have to find the family on their own with the address and the phone number provided by the school.
- Changing family will be charged with extra 100€, in case the school does not consider the moving necessary. Changing families will be possible only if there are still available families.
- Extra night costs 35€ for the single room and 25€ for the double room, please bear in mind that the price of each extra night includes accommodation and breakfast only.
- A bathroom, kitchen and a living room are shared with other students, or residents. In the price of the apartment a normal use of water, gas and electricity is included, for excessive use of these, a student will be charged accordingly.
- Most of the student´s flats do not have landline and therefore do not have internet connection (landlords do not want to be economically responsible for calls made by the students renting the flat). Students should arrange internet on their own.
- The apartments have a washing machine and fully equipped kitchen.
- Students must clean their own rooms and take care of the cleaning of common areas.
- Extra night costs 28€ for the single room and 20€ for the double room.
Dates and hours of check in/out
- Accommodation is booked on the request of the student for the period of the duration of the course.
- The “check in/out” hours are: from Sunday, the day before the course starts from 14:00 until Saturday 12:00, the day after your course ends. In case a student cannot respect the hours mentioned before, he/she needs to inform the office in advance to solve the issue. Extra nights can be booked if a student is arriving earlier or leaving later, normally at an extra charge, however we advise the students to book them in advance.
- Please note that double rooms are only available for students who make a booking together.
Terms and conditions of staying in an apartment
- A deposit of 100€ per student must be left upon arrival to the apartment, on the first day of the course in cash or bank transfer. This is fully refundable at the end of the course, provided there is no damage in the apartment. La Playa reserves the right to refund the deposit via bank transfer during 2 weeks after the course. The student has no right to claim the devolution in cash.
- A double room can only be booked by people who are traveling together. If an individual person wants to stay in a double room, he/she has to pay for two persons.
- It is not possible to have other people visiting you.
- Making parties in the apartment is forbidden. A student will be either fined or expelled from the apartment.
- Changing an apartment will be charged of 50€, in case the school does not consider moving necessary. The change will be possible only in case there are other apartments available.
- The apartments have to be left in the same conditions as they were received, all the damage, extra cleaning costs, etc, will be charged from the deposit.
- We can provide the information about the hotels and hostels, please bear in mind that a reservation service fee of 40€ is required.
All payments must be made accordingly to the invoice which has been sent to the student, in EUROS (€). A student is required to pay 25% of the total amount in advance by bank transfer, or Paypal (Bank commissions and transfer fees must be paid by the student/agent) and the rest of the amount upon arrival, in cash or by credit card.
It is important to quote student’s name when paying.
LA PLAYA ESCUELA DE ESPAÑOL S.L.
UNICAJA-Caja del Sol, Avenida Andalucía 10-12, Málaga
Account number: 2103 3032 56 0030019887
IBAN: ES08 2103 3032 5600 3001 9887
SWIFT CODE: UCJAES2M
(In case of remaining bank charges La Playa Escuela de Español will invoice them to the sender)
Working hours / National Holidays
The office working hours: Monday-Friday 10h-14h and Monday-Thursday 16h-20h.
During National and Regional Bank Holidays the school will be closed. The classes which are scheduled for that day will not be made up for, and there will be no refund for the classes lost on those days.
Visa to enter Spain
In case a student needs a visa to enter Spain, the school can send them the confirmation of the payment of the course after they have booked a course. The school will state the dates of the course and the total amount of hours of the course booked.
The school is not liable for the rejection of the visa, or in case a student did not get the visa on time. We advise students to apply for the visa with sufficient time in advance. Any changes that have to be made after the booking is made and the Invitation letter is sent, have 80€ fee (for example, the student did not apply for the visa on time and has to postpone the course).
In case a student is denied a VISA the school charges 100 €, if the booking they have made is higher than this, they will be refunded the difference. In order to get the refund, the student will have to send a clear and official document of the rejection of VISA from the Spanish embassy of their country. Without this document no refunds will be made.